Leukomed Sorbact is intended for use in management of clean, contaminated, colonized or infected dry to low-exuding wounds, such as surgical wounds and traumatic wounds, e.g., lacerations, cuts and abrasions.
- Leukomed Sorbact infection control removes bacteria from infected wounds, such as cuts/abrasions and minor burns, but is also suitable for chronic wounds or fungal infections.
- Mode of action: helps minimise microbial colonisation by effectively binding bacteria and fungi to its fleece
- Material: acetate fibre covered with a bacteria-binding coating
- Bacteria and fungi-binding. This dressing is coated with a hydrophobic fatty acid ester which attracts bacteria and are removed with each dressing change.
- Reduced risk of infection. Prophylactic use of Leukomed Sorbact reduces the risk of infections.
- This surgical wound dressing has a low allergy risk.
- The innovative design makes Sorbact effective against antibiotic-resistant microorganisms; fungi; and different types of bacteria.
- Well suited to postoperative and traumatic dry to low-exuding wounds including surgical incisions; lacerations; cuts and abrasions; dehisced wounds; and minor burns.